Tuesday, November 27, 2007

It's Been a While

Man, it's been a LOOONG time since I last blogged. I've been super busy. Here is a list of things that have kept me occupied or that have occurred while I was not blogging:

1) Wedding plans have changed and although it has been a stressful time, I'm super happy with the direction we are going now. We have put the kibosh on the wedding plans for Maui, and are now going to have the wedding in La Jolla, CA at Cuvier Park. I couldn't be happier--it's cheap and gorgeous. I win dammit and it's still on the beach. :)

2) My mom and I went shopping for my Wedding Dress and I found it at the first store we went to. I never thought that would happen to me. I tend to be pretty damn indecisive when it comes to these things, but this time it wasn't like that. I tried on A LOT of dresses and then tried on this one and when I put it on I felt like a million bucks. Pictures do it no justice, it's simple and gorgeous and so very "me". Plus it was under $500 which is what I had originally wanted and that made me even happier. Why tempt myself with $1000.00 dresses when I can't afford them anyway? I'm trying to be realistic here ya know?

3) I got sick over Thanksgiving. Ugh I know...Edgar got sick and then I got sick. Having a cold sucks. The worst part is not being able to breathe at night because that in turn means I don't sleep no matter how tired I am.

4) Thanksgiving was great. We spent it with Edgar's family in Moreno Valley. We had some great food, great company and then we washed it all down with apple cider, cheesecake and a marathon of Ghost Hunters. Man, it was awesome.

5) Work has kept me on my toes. Students are currently registering for Winter Quarter and it's just been kind of rough. The other advisor that I work with just had surgery on her foot so she's been out. I thought it would be slowing down by now, but the students keep coming in and it seems like my patience is running thin. I keep trying to understand where they are coming from, but I can't. I don't remember being this clueless in college. Somedays I wonder how long I will be able to stay at this position.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

I hope you and the hubby get better soon!

Leslie said...

Glad you're back! Can't wait to read more posts about wedding plans. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that work is whack, and you got sick!
Holla for wedding plans getting rollin!

Brandy said...

I <3 your dress.

Anonymous said...

Yay! for the update!! I've been looking!. Glad the wedding plans are coming along!! Can't wait to see it come together!!

~Melinda