Wow, it's 2:53AM and I'm still up--I can't sleep. I think I'm dreading going back to work on Wednesday and with the time off that I have had I've managed to seriously screw up my sleep schedule. I know I'll be feeling it when I can't sleep on Tuesday and then have to wake up at 5:20AM on Wednesday. Yeah, I bet you can't wait for that blog entry! HA! Well this Saturday Edgar and I went to my Tia's (Aunt) 60th Birthday party in Tustin. We had a jolly old time. The food was really good and it was awesome to listen to the Mariachi band they had performing for everyone. The bartender was this old, short guy with silver hair and I think he was working hard for tips because Edgar and I kept ordering mixed drinks and he was going heavy on the liquor! It was a great night especially spending it with my family. I also got to see my mom and her boyfriend in action on the dance floor. After so many years of being alone and being mis-treated it warmed my heart to see her so happy. I am so glad she has finally found someone who understands her, loves her and accepts me as a part of his family. The interesting thing is he has stepped so much into the "father" role for me that's its been eerily natural. If I mention I need new wiper blades he buys them for me, if I mention that an orange plastic ball melted on the exhaust pipe of my car he goes and takes it off for me (this actually did happen by the way and I don't know how). It felt weird at first, but now I know that if I ever needed anything he would be there in a heartbeat for me...I catch myself thinking, "wow, so this is what it would have been like to have a loving father growing up". Damn I missed out. But my mom tried as hard as she could...all I know is if I ever have children, it's not something I want them to miss out on. Okay, I went off on kind of a LONG tangent there...back to the original post. My Tia's 60th Birthday Party! Here are some photos:
My Mom & Richard
Edgar & I in front of the HUGE Christmas Tree
Family picture with my cousins--My mom's brother's sons and my mom's sister's daughters--we are missing my cousin Mike (my mom's sister's son) and my older brother Steven. Did you get all that?
My Uncle David and Richard in the background
My cousins holding Andrew, the youngest member of the family upside down,(my oldest cousin's son)
My Tia & Tio (Aunt & Uncle)--My Tia Martha in all of her Birthday glory in her hat. She was so worried it was going to mess up her hair :D
So, Edgar and I had a wonderful night with the family. I wonder what's in store for us next year? Geez, I can't believe it's already going to be 2008. :)
Monday, December 31, 2007
The New Year is Approaching
Posted by Brenda at 2:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You look so pretty. :)
my sleep is so screwed up too. I have been staying up till about 2am, and not waking up till 9. I am going to die next week.
Feliz cumpleanos a tu tia!
Hope you got up okay this morning. Everyone looks like they had a fabulous time in all your pictures!
What an awesome party! You looked smokin! Good luck with the screwed up sleep schedule, but you're not alone. I have a wacky sleep pattern from all the crazy time off.
Loving the pic of you two :)
Post a Comment