Alright, I am so behind on this...I feel so bad...but sometimes I'm just so tired I don't even feel like typing...or Edgar is hogging the computer because he's working. I need a laptop. This entry is going to be all over the place...prepare yourself, for this is my actual state of mind--chaos.
First off, the conference in Monterey was AWESOME! It was sooo cool to have a hotel room all to myself for a change. The Hyatt was insanely modern and expensive...it's a good thing the university reimburses us otherwise I don't think I would have gone. I got a lot of time to myself. I woke up early to enjoy my showers and took my time getting ready in the morning; I also fell asleep with the tv timer on. :) It was great, a wonderful get-away. It was also nice to hear similar gripes about students from other advisors, it made me feel like I wasn't going crazy. It was really windy over there and I did not pack appropriately. I was freezing and I was getting headaches because of the cold. I didn't take any pictures because I suck. I have one that my other friend/co-worker took, but it's on my comp at work and I look a hot mess. Will you get to see it? Um no.
June 29th I turn 27 years old. Holy crap. Where is the time going? It's kind of affecting me. You know how when you're like 17 people ask you, "So where do you see yourself at 25?" and you say all these great things like, "in a house, married,...blah blah blah" well I don't have any of that right now. I know it sounds stupid..but as more time passes by, the more I find myself wanting to start a family. It even scares me as I always used to say I wouldn't be ready until I was 30...but how do I know that? I don't know if it's just hormones or my biological clock is ticking, but I'm also paranoid that after being on the pill for 11 years it's going to be harder than hell to get pregnant. In fact it scares me shitless.
Ay, and the wedding plans? What wedding plans? With the economy, gas prices, food prices and all prices going up, it's been really hard to save lately. I can't make up my mind about what I want...except that my dream was always to get married by the beach...Laguna, Hawaii...I don't know but I haven't found my "dream place" yet if there is such a thing.
OH, and another gripe. For the longest time I had my heart set on having my princess solitaire set into a bridal set...but now that the price of gold has gone up we're going to pay an arm and a leg for something that months ago didn't cost as much...it's so frustrating...sometimes I just want to cry. Why does the world have to revolve around money?!
And...I'm way overweight. I finally, finally made myself workout today...I went back to Turbo Jam...and I'll say it again, that woman kicks my arse. She's a tough cookie and inspires me like no other. Will I see her again Friday? I hope so..if not then Saturday. Either way, I will make time for her. I feel great, and it's all mental. I DO NOT WANT TO BE FAT FOR MY 27TH BIRTHDAY! I have a month to lose at least a couple of pounds. I can do it, I'm just going to have to be disciplined which is going to be hard because I don't have much of that. :P
Okay, that's my randomness for today. Sorry its so long, but I haven't blogged in like centuries. Happy Hump Day!
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
So Many Things...Oh and I Suck at Blogging!
Posted by Brenda at 9:44 PM
Labels: Bitch Session
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hi Brenda. Good to hear from you again. Glad you had a good time at the conference. Yes, the economy totally sucks. If you are worried about your ability to get pregnant in the future, read Taking Charge of Your Fertility and see if you think the FAM method of birth control is for you. It's totally natural!
Yay for a new blog.
I am glad you had fun at the conference.
Hooray, its almost your birthday, dont get too down on yourself. Its not a big deal if you are not where you thought you would be, things and circumstances change, it does not mean you failed.
So what are you going to do for your birthday?
WOW! You'r back! I've missed you.
WOO HOOO For the birthday! Don't worry about not being where you wanted to be, I don't know a single person who is. It'll work it. It always does
Hey Brenda! don't get discouraged!! I know life seems to be against you right now, but it will work out. Just do what you can for now and take it one day at a time. Remeber your not alone!! :)
~Melinda
Glad to see you around again! I agree with Leslie, read TCOYF. It's a great book. I went off bc in Jan because I was worried about how it affects your body! Good luck with everything!
Ditto the TCOYF suggestion. I went off the pill a year ago and am so happy I did.
I was looking into getting a second wedding band just yesterday and it's going to cost me $200 more than 6 months ago because of the price of gold. So frustrating!
Post a Comment